First post in the category ‘Recommended books’. More to follow soon!
The Agile Samurai: How Agile Masters Deliver Great Software
Verdict: This book is a great and fun to read overview of agile techniques.
- It’s certainly not for project managers exclusively. Anyone involved with software development in any way benefits from reading this book.
- Good eagle-eye overview of agile practices. Touches on a lot of topics without diving too deeply into the details
- I made a lot of notes while reading:
- General notes about the contents of the book
- References to actual projects I was working on at that time (very applicable content!)
- We used the book as an inspiration to improve our dev process at work
- It’s a book from the ‘Pragmatic Bookshelf’, which is a great quality indicator in my opinion.
- The book itself is very ‘agile’ and fun to read. Doesn’t get boring
- Really, nothing bad to say about this book 🙂